Out of the Abyss
Out of the Abyss
Welcome to Out of the Abyss, a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. In this campaign, the players will take the role of slaves of the drow, recently captured and bound for a dark fate in the pits of the Underdark unless they can take destiny into their own hands and win their freedom. In doing so, they become drawn into a web of conspiracies and dangers that threaten not just the Underdark’s fragile equilibrium but perhaps its entire existence.
The following rule books and supplements are available for players in this campaign:
- Player’s Handbook
- Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything
- Volo’s Guide to Monsters (Chapter 2: Races)
- Out of the Abyss (Appendix A: Modifying Backgrounds, page 221)
- Eberron: Rising from the Last War (Artificer class only)
- Guildmaster’s Guide to Ravnica (Minotaur race, Cleric Order Domain, Druid Circle of Spores)
Additionally, this campaign utilizes the following options from the Unearthed Arcana series of articles published by WotC:
- The Ranger, Revised
- Subclasses: Barbarian (Path of the Beast), Monk (Way of Mercy), Paladin (Oath of the Watchers).
- Subclasses: Bard (College of Creation), Cleric (Unity Domain), Sorcerer (Clockwork Soul).
- Psychic Subclasses: Fighter (Psychic Warrior), Rogue (Soulknife), Wizard (Psionics).
- Subclasses: Fighter (Rune Knight), Ranger (Swarmkeeper), Rogue (The Revived).
- Subclasses: Barbarian (Path of the Wild Soul), Monk (Way of the Astral Self).
- Subclasses: Sorcerer (Aberrant Mind), Warlock (Lurker in the Deep).
- Subclasses: Cleric (Twilight Domain), Druid (Circle of Wildfire), Wizard (Onomancy).
- Subclasses: Druid (Circle of the Shepherd), Fighter (Cavalier), Paladin (Oath of Conquest), Warlock (Celestial).
House Rules and Errata
Finally, any house rules or rules clarifications will be listed on these pages: